Welcome to Yorkshire malehealth
Yorkshire men are famed for many things - honesty, hard work, sport and straight-speaking. But men's health in Yorkshire is not as good as it could be. This website accompanies the Yorkshire Man mini-manual.
It couldn't be easier: just use the links in the menus above to explore the site. If there's anything else you'd like to see, let us know.
Get the book too. In conjunction with the Yorkshire Man mini-manual, Yorkshire malehealth linked with your common sense can help you be healthier and make better use of available health services and resources. Quick links to the main topics in the booklet follow.
- Exercise - If everyone walked a minimum of 30 minutes a day, five days a week, over one third of heart attacks could be prevented.
- Diet - Yorkshire and Humberside has the fastest-rising figures for obesity in England.
- Stress - there are many things you can do to manage stress at home and at work.
- Drinking - lower risk drinking means no more than 3-4 units per day for men.
- Smoking - smoking has killed more people than both world wars put together.
- Back problems - 90% of people will suffer from back pain at some time in their life.
- Sexual Health - safe sex, prostate and erection problems sorted
Page created on March 15th, 2010
Page updated on March 15th, 2010