Prostate Cancer Charity seeks senior policy officer
The Prostate Cancer Charity is currently recruiting for a Senior Policy Officer.
The Charity says:
'This is an exciting opportunity to work with the UK's leading charity for people affected by prostate cancer. As the Senior Policy Officer you will be responsible for developing the Charity's evidence-base on key prostate cancer issues and will play a crucial role maintaining the Charity's reputation as a leading authority on prostate cancer. Your key responsibilities will be:
- conducting and analysing research on prostate cancer issues to inform the Charity's evidence-base.
- developing and reviewing evidence-based policy positions, consultation responses and key messages on prostate cancer issues.
- monitoring the healthcare and policy landscape across the UK for developments affecting prostate cancer services and care to identify opportunities to extend the Charity's influence.
- providing expert advice and written briefings to the Charity on cancer and healthcare.
- working with people affected by prostate cancer and other stakeholders to ensure their experience informs the Charity's evidence-base.
'Applicants should have worked in a policy role within the voluntary or public sector and have good project management and time keeping skills. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate strong presentation skills and an ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Previous experience of working in health or social care and knowledge of cancer policy and/or the men's health agenda is desirable.
'The closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th July 2011. Interviews will take place on the Monday 20th July 2011.'
Page created on July 5th, 2011
Page updated on July 5th, 2011