All the noise on Men's Health Week 2012
Men's Health Week reached parts of the media men's health has never been to before including China.
Men's Health Week 2012, the Yolo campaign, male heart health and the MHF's survey of men's health with Benenden Healthcare, all caught the interest of the traditional print and broadcast media. A higher profile was given to social media too. Here are all the links you need. Yolo. (You only link once!)
- The Yolo - You Only Live Once - website that the MHF used to launch the Week
- Britain's out of shape dads (MHF/Benenden Healthcare survey)
- Heartwarming tales - meet the men who live with dicky tickers
- The Guardian: Men's health: why it's time for a new approach
- Reader's Digest: blog with full story in the print edition
- GQ blog: Men be aware: you only live once
- The Scotsman: Getting to the heart of the matter
Our survey with Beneden highlighted the fact that men put on about a stone after becoming a father, a story that attarcted interest as far away as Australia:
- Daily Mail: Dad's got a baby bump
- Daily Telegraph: New fathers 'gain more than a stone when baby is born'
- Sky News (Australia): New fathers 'gain baby weight'
- Daily Record: New fathers gain more than a stone
There was also Men's Health Week linked coverage of male menopause in the Daily Express and a mention in The Sun. Plus, of course, a great piece in the magazine of our friends at the British Heart Foundation.
- Reddith Standard: Get Yourself Screened
- Hebden Bridge Times: Health chiefs urge men to seek advice
- Lancashire Telegraph: East Lancashire doctors urge men to seek advice
- Buxton Advertiser: Health matters
- This is Bristol: Man van leads health drive
- Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Team urges men to use check-ups service and not to ignore symptoms
- Bromsgrove Advertiser: Men are reminded You Only Live Once
- Blackpool Gazette: Health clinics across Fylde
- Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News: Resist macho pride and enjoy free body MOT
- Staffordshire Living: Heart health
Page created on June 18th, 2012
Page updated on June 20th, 2012