Top 10 health tips of all time
Top ten incredibly easy things that any fool can do to improve their health
- read a book or two - now a prescribed treatment in some health authorities for beating the blues, reading in the evening also helps relaxation and sleep;
- open a window - it lets in negative ions which neutralise the positive ions from electrical items;
- play cards and do crosswords - keeps the brain active
- support a decent team - success boosts testosterone levels which is why we're competitive. Identifying with a successful team can have the same effect.
- work on your relationships - a study of 6,000 blokes found that the married ones got better jobs and were healthier.
- sleep long and get up late - regularly getting 4 instead of 8 hours sleep brings forward the physical and mental signs of ageing. Late risers have faster brains and lower stress levels. Sleep well and live long.
- go out in the sun - vitamin D, which is important for bones, teeth and happiness is boosted by sunlight (but keep the sunscreen on.)
- walk - it's good for the heart and lungs and improves brain function by boosting its oxygen supply. Get off the bus a stop early. Take stairs not lift.
- sing - the breathing control needed to sing - however badly - makes it one of the easiest and most effective ways to shed stress.
- drink water - many of us don't drink enough. The yellower your urine the more dehydrated you are. A couple of extra glasses of water a day and you'll feel better.
Click here for more tips or send us yours using the form below.
Page created on January 17th, 2010
Page updated on January 21st, 2010