What is testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)?
It would be difficult to get TRT on the NHS. However, if you do decide to pursue the therapy privately, you will (or should) face an exhaustive series of medical checks before the treatment commences.
- Establishing whether you are suffering from male-menopausal symptoms
- Taking a full medical history
- Full screening for prostate cancer, including a digital rectal examination and a PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test for those over 50
- Full physical examination, with emphasis on the heart and arteries, and checking of testicles and penis
- Extensive blood checks, with hormone profile and checks on the liver and kidneys
Page created on February 28th, 2010
Page updated on March 11th, 2010